Thursday, May 3, 2012

A petite NYC travel tip

The Garment District is where it’s at. Seriously. That grubby corridor in the middle of nowhere? It’s going to be the next Noho, the next NoLiTa, the next MePa.

Two years ago, the groovy Ace Hotel opened up, bringing with it the Breslin, John Dory Oyster Bar, and Stumptown Coffee. And Opening Ceremony.

Now there’s some competition. The NoMad hotel opened a couple months ago, adding to the neighborhood’s allure. Chef Daniel Humm from Eleven Madison Park directing the kitchen. Hour and forty minute waits for drinks in the Library. Jacques Garcia-designed rooms you just want to move into. Plus the super chic French label Kitsuné.

But we all know the new New York is Brooklyn. So you might do just as well by staying at the new Wyeth Hotel in Williamsburg. Wood-fired dining inside at Reynards. Or get some champagne and oysters at Maison Premier. And your French fix at Hotel Delmano.

3 comments:

  1. I just found your most interesting blog.
    As your new follower, I look forward to knowing your blog. I will look forward to your visit and comments

    Helenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog post. A friend of mine recommend i stay in Brooklyn next time I visit New York so I may give it a try. I normally stay in a serviced apartment in Manhattan but i'm always open to trying new things!

    ReplyDelete