Monday, May 7, 2012

My Vegan Mondays

I have two dinner dates this week for which I'm very excited and makes being "good" today easier.

Morning
Coffee with soy milk
Green juice
A giant, juicy Jonagold apple

Afternoon
Curry cauliflower wrap

Evening
Couscous with roasted asparagus, orange and dates
Dried pineapple

But truthfully, Vegan Mondays are a breeze now. I feel like I need to up my game: do three vegan days in a row. Or give up chicken. Definitely cut out the sugar. I don't know—do we just obsess about food and eating philosophies too much now? If we're all mindful and eat in moderation, is that enough? I do believe our food choices matter and I do feel better when I eat lots of veg and not a lot of baked goods. But does it have to be a mission? Do I have it in me to just be more balanced and not so programmed? Do you??

5 comments:

  1. Curry cauliflower wraps sounds delish.
    I made couscous with tomatoes, red onion, and tossed in a lot of tandoori seasoning, the other night for dinner.
    It is sooo easy to make.
    I only remember to try a day of Vegan because of you.
    I have been vegetarian ( we eat fish) for about 40 years now .. but for some reason, total vegan is hard for me. I am just not disciplined enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is different for everyone. I have read of individuals who have completely adopted a vegan diet, after time became ill and then regained their health after re-introducing animals products back into their diet. Some vegans stay okay to be vegan. I also know of those with health problems who felt better and some problems cleared up after changing to a vegan diet. I think you are lucky you CAN chose. While some may obsess about food choices, others put a lot of time and thought and effort into planning their diets to treat health conditions and so that they can feel their best. Hopefully, the more that is learned about how food is produced, the more one can chose food produced in a humane way and the more all foods will be produced in a humane way. One can hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we often think about food or rather what we are eating. Sometimes I wonder if this is good. It seems it's become an obsession! But on the other hand, there is so much junk food available today that one just has to think about it. I like the idea of vegan monday. One day I might find the courage (this sounds so french, sorry to implement it in my life. In fact I'm getting ready to do some detox diet the next two or three weeks. I need it badly! Love from Slovenia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you here. I used to be vegan and I started to realize that it was becoming a bit dogmatic and less intentional. Now I focus on simply eating the highest quality of ingredients as possible and I feel great still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's like you a much more wonderful saturday and sunday than my own! ' ha, i spent that studying regarding finals. ughhh.
    beautiful website, mind you! Diablo III items
    Buy Guild Wars 2 Gold

    ReplyDelete