Monday, May 21, 2012

My (almost) Vegan Mondays

Morning
Coffee with soy milk
Green juice (I am certain these fresh, alkalizing veggie juices are going to be my salvation in the long run: kale, cucumber, celery, lemon juice, banana and green superfood powder every morning. Sounds sort of gnarly but is so delicious!)
Roasted soy nuts

Afternoon
Cannellini bean salad with roasted tomatoes and zucchini, avocado and pumpkin seeds
Whole wheat roll
Apple & cinnamon oatmeal (I did a little reversal of breakfast and snack today)

Evening
And, well, yes, that would be pie. A creamy Nutella pie. Nothing vegan about it.

But the lovely and charming Tatiana Nicoli, owner of Boulevard Books had invited me to do a reading at her fantastic indie bookstore and cafe, in conjunction with local baker Joann Marino's baking demo. Joann made Nutella pie. With lots of whipped cream. Was I supposed to refuse? Exactly.

6 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, you are such a kind person, to eat that pie regardless of it being Vegan Monday. You are so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, what's your green juice recipe? It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little gem you have here! I went to NY this summer but didn't get to see any of this. There's always more to see, huh?

    I was looking stuff up about Paris and I found your blog. I think we have a lot of the same taste. We just put out a very Parisian video. Super cute! Hope you will enjoy it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpgPBVBtd1c

    xoxo
    Daniela
    www.vialosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nutella pie .... so chock-full of vitamin B12 .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candice, it's true. I'm awfully thoughtful when chocolate, Nutella or Speculoos is in the room. :) (Smitonius, I could only be so lucky to get my B12 fix as I annihilate that pie!)

    Anon, I don't follow a recipe per se, but here's how I generally make it: a handful or two of kale; a celery stalk; a quarter of either a green apple or cucumber; half a banana; the juice of a thick lemon wedge; a teaspoon of supergreen/superfood powder; and some water - all blended together. It really is delicious - I love it!

    Daniela, so glad you found my blog... and a kindred spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I'd LOVE the Cannellini bean salad with roasted tomatoes and zucchini, avocado and pumpkin seeds recipe.
    Come on
    Confess!
    or did you eat out?

    ReplyDelete