Monday, April 23, 2012

My Vegan Mondays

This Vegan Monday is dedicated to the:
2 pain aux raisins
2 almond croissants
1 pain au chocolat
Warm waffle with sugar
Chocolat chaud
Chevre chaud
Comté
Homemade Thai dinner
Cojean sandwich
3 2-course meals, plus the 3-course and 4-course meals, and 4-hour Sunday lunch
Nutella crepe
Haribo gummies and Tagadas
Sugar Daze and Sweet Pea cupcakes and Lola’s brownies and turtle bars
Tacos at Candelaria
2 Popelinis
The daily wine, and the proscecco and the cocktails
And god knows how many chocolates...
...all consumed during one rainy week in Paris.

Morning
Coffee with soy milk
Green juice
Granola and almond milk

Afternoon
Bagel with peanut butter
Grapes
Clementine
Oatmeal

Evening
Carrots and hummus
Chocolate (hand-imported from Paris, bien sur)

It will be a long road to recovery.

7 comments:

  1. It might be a long road to recovery but oh what fun you had :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I made coffee at home this weekend and realized with horror that I was out of half and half!!! It was 10:30 a.m. and I was still in my jammies and wasn't about to get dressed and go to the grocery store...then I remembered that you put soy milk in your coffee from these vegan posts. I did have soy milk in the fridge that I'd used in making bread....

    YUCK! How do you drink that combo? Wow. If I ever run out of half and half again, I'll drink my coffee black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I thought this was a WEEKEND. Glad to hear it was a week!

    Here is a good vegan recipe to try that is incredibly filling. I have it once a week. It's a modified Waldorf.

    One granny smith apple, chopped
    2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
    V. large handful of walnuts, chopped (I don't skimp here)
    A slice or two of red onion, chopped (don't overdo, this is pungent)
    Handful of dried cranberries

    This will just about fill a quart bowl and is VERY filling. It tastes great and it makes a great lunch.

    Technically the recipe calls for a little lemon juice and a little mayo (similar to a Waldorf) but I don't find it necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Oh Amy, I'm exactly the opposite now! Every once in awhile, if a family member visits or I need cream for a recipe, I'll have some leftover and try it in my coffee and... ick! I just don't like it. But while I was in Paris, I so missed my coffee and soy milk every morning (and I did just have my espresso black! with sugar, bien sur...)

    Elizabeth, thanks for the great recipe - I often have those things in my fridge so I'll have to add that to my meager repertoire - merci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. يجب تجنب العوامل التي يمكن أن تزيد من احتمالية ظهور الدوالي، ومن الأمور الهامة قدم نشاط الرياضة بشكل منتظم، وتجنب الجلوس لفترات طويلة وتجنب الوزن الزائد والسمنة، واستخدام الأحذية المريحة. وعندما تشعر بأي أعراض غير طبيعية، يجب عليك استشارة احسن دكتور اوعية دموية

    ReplyDelete
  6. عند شراء سقالات معدنية للبيع في مصر يجب أن يتم توفير واستخدام هذه الأدوات وفقًا للمعايير الأمنية المحلية وتوصيات الموردين والمنظمات الصحية والسلامة المهنية. يجب على العمال أيضًا تلقي التدريب اللازم على كيفية استخدام هذه الأدوات بشكل صحيح والامتثال للإجراءات والتعليمات الأمنية أثناء العمل على السقالات.

    ReplyDelete