Monday, February 20, 2012

My Vegan Mondays

Morning
Coffee and soy milk
Oatmeal with blueberries

Afternoon
City Bakery salad bar: sautéed Brussels sprouts and broccoli, sweet potatoes, vermicelli with asparagus and smoked tofu
Fuji apple

Evening
Well, I had every intention of making this a Vegan Monday. I mean, I met my cousins from out of town at City Bakery and didn’t have even a lick of hot chocolate, or one measly peanut butter cookie crumb. It was Vegan Monday! I'm a pro! But then I returned to my apartment and what was waiting for me?

Three pounds of glorious Levain cookies (page 175 in Paris, My Sweet). Chocolate chip walnut, dark chocolate peanut butter chip, oatmeal raisin and dark chocolate chocolate chip. Two of each, wrapped with utter care. If you had such a delivery, would you eschew such joy and wonder for Vegan Monday?

Thank you, Pam and Connie, for your generosity.
I am a weak, but sated and happy woman tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! When a gift like that falls in your lap, you must accept with gusto - vegan Monday or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a little inspiration! Here are two uplifting videos to help you understand why so many people are making this life affirming choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKr4HZ7ukSE and http://www.veganvideo.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading your book right now and want so badly to go to a bakery and splurge! I would totally have eaten the cookies too by the way.

    ReplyDelete