Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Vegan Mondays

I posted a day late in order to keep my subtitle inquiry at the top of the blog and everyone’s attention (thank you for all the comments and opinions! And if you haven’t weighed in yet, just hop down below.)

But speaking of weighing in, the five pounds I lost earlier this summer on the alkaline diet stubbornly returned. I guess that’s what happens when you binge daily on pralines and pastries like I did in Brussels and Paris. So now, I’m dutifully eating better again. My stash of Mary and Pierre Marcolini is gone. Out with the bonbons, in with the apples! (Sigh. Doesn’t have such a lovely ring to it, does it?)

Morning

Coffee with soy milk
A mélange of Cheerios and Honey Nut Clusters with almond milk (god, I love cereal)

Afternoon
Smoked tempah wrap
Roasted broccoli
Nectarine
Apple

Evening
A couple glasses of champagne (out at a company event)
Hummus sandwich (back at the homefront)

2 comments:

  1. Monday I was accidentally a good vegan.
    I rarely eat during the day but I had a banana and then of course a dash of Nutella with the last bite ... last night I made a cream of celery soup ! homemade ! How amazing is that ??
    and french bread along with it.
    It is cold still and spring looks very winter-like, soup hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. * There was no cream in my celery soup .. I cook it in vegetable broth and throw it all in the blender with a small cooked potato that makes it thick and creamy .. a dash of Tandoor spice and there you have it *

    ReplyDelete