Friday, October 28, 2011

Franco File Friday

When I was in Paris in September I asked mon amie Lindsey to take some headshots of me for my book. Because not only is she a kickass writer and a to-die-for baker (you haven't had brownies until you've had Lola's brownies, trust me), she's also an amazing photographer.

It was a spectacular evening with gorgeous light. Unfortunately, it was also at the tail-end of my two-week chocolate and pastry binge. I was suffering from sugar bloat, as if I were storing all those macarons and pralines I had annihilated in my cheeks. I know. We’re our own worst critics. But only Lindsey could have salvaged the situation and captured some fab photos. While I tried mimicking some moves of a seven-foot-tall model, also getting her pictures taken on the Ile Saint Louis…

…this is the one we’re going with for the book:

I love it. It’s the perfect shot for the book. But I especially love the photo we picked for her super sweet and generous Franco File post of me this week. I feel like Lindsey really captured “me” and I’m honored to be featured on her blog.

Thank you, Lindsey! Merci, merci! xo

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots, Amy! I love the book cover and also the one on the Francophile Friday post.

    You're an inspiration, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, I love your face and the last one is just so sweet ..
    besitos, C

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look marvelous! And adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey is such a sweet person, and yes, indeed, a good photographer! A woman of many talents she is. :)

    I LOVE that B&W photo of you, too, and it truly captures your wonderful spirit! What a great grin you sport in that one, and I agree, it is very "author-ly" and will look fantastic on a book jacket.

    Now I need to get over to Lindsey's blog to read the FrancoFile Friday post (okay, after I catch up on a couple more here, though).

    Take care, Amy.
    xx
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey needs to start a new profession!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos -- you complement Paris perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos. I really love all of them. the last one especailly captures your independence. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! Nice and relaxed:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the picture you've chosen for the book. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, Love the pics Aim!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. eeee!!! Clearly my NY trip set me back on my blog reading and I didn't get to see this last week. THANK YOU!!! You are the absolute sweetest! I can't wait to have your book in my hands (signed by you first, however) and to see the picture! It was a true honor to take those photos and anytime you want to play model again, you let me know.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, you are GORGEOUS! And Lindsey totally captured you in all your beauty. What a great pairing. Wow. This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the last photo. You are so lovely my dear!! xo Erica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy looks beautiful! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ps. It's a shame that 1st shot couldn't be used in the press somehow =) You're a much better model than that girl!

    ReplyDelete