Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Vegan Mondays

Since Monday wasn’t vegan—how could it be? Leftover Christmas turkey, pizza at The Orange and, um, well, a box of chocolate bonbons on Eurostar, which, coincidentally, was the perfect pairing with Jonathan Franzen’s half-priced, signed copy of Freedom—today is Vegan Mardi!

Morning

Coffee and soy milk
Wheat toast with raspberry jam
An apple

Afternoon
Sauteed root vegetables
Another apple

Evening
The same fennel & carrot soup I made last week. And the week before that. What can I say? I’m a creature of habit.
Yummy dried apple

5 comments:

  1. Morning : coffee
    Afternoon : aqua con gas & a slice of whole grain bread with Nutella.
    Evening: ( I blew it ) Chicken salad.
    I almost went with just avocados but that roast chicken was sitting there .. waiting ... I failed my Tuesday Vegan test :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I am about to start Freedom when I've finished my current read. How do you like it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice, you are always an inspiration so don't worry about le poulet!

    Lana, I'm loving Freedom. I never read The Corrections and feel pretty indifferent about all the hubbub around Franzen. But, 140 pages in, I'm a fan. Love his character development and descriptions and how he can relay so much about American people and culture in doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling,

    Where's the protein in your vegan meals? (I'm talking from the standpoint of a mostly vegan vegetarian, not that of a meat eater who thinks vegetarians are unhealthy because they don't eat animal protein!;) For great balanced recipes and inspiration, try www.vegcooking.com:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duchesse, I know I should be more mindful of protein. And if I hadn't been eating so much fish, fowl and cheese lately, I would be busting out the tofu and legumes. New Year's resolution: to have more balance. Less animal protein, less sugar, and more complex grains, etc.

    Anon, thanks for sharing these important words and reminders. My favorite quote: You can't change the world, you can only change yourself. Here's to vegetarianism!

    ReplyDelete