Monday, December 13, 2010

My Vegan Mondays

Let’s start with a few more chestnuts from Food Rules:

If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don’t.
It’s not food if it arrived through the window of your car.
Treat meat as a flavoring or special occasion food.
The banquet is in the first bite (eat slowly).

Love it.

Morning
Coffee and soy milk
Kiwi (good Vitamin C for flu season, people!)
Apple

Afternoon
Veggie pad thai
Sesame bread sticks
Carrot sticks

Evening
Delicious fennel & carrot soup, made my yours truly (recipe from 101 Cookbooks)
Another one of these goddamn delicious French apples
Tawny port from Lisbon

5 comments:

  1. Morning : Coffee ... Orange Juice

    Afternoon : cashews and M&Ms .. ( I guess M&Ms are made in a plant, huh? :(

    Dinner .. Fettucini with garlic, roasted tomatoes and zucchini ( from the recipe at Framed
    http://framed-mylifeonepictureatatime.blogspot.com/2010/12/pappardelle-with-zucchini-roasted.html

    If I mention Tawny Port to my husband he will weep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always heard "nothing with a mother"! I'm working on the no red meat thing, which isn't too difficult, but the no milk products? No cheese? That's a tough one. Have you listened to "The China Study"? It's enough to make me want to change my eating habits, but like I said, it's the no dairy thing that will kill me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No red meat is so easy!
    I agree, no milk is difficult , very. Even if you just cut way down, it helps.
    I haven't eaten red meat in 40 years and my children have never eaten red meat .. we are all ridiculously healthy :) So from our own little scientific study, it seems to be good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree... not eating red meat is a breeze, even here in Paris (though they sneak it in everywhere! You have to be careful at restaurants). It's the dairy that's next to impossible. I haven't heard "The China Study" but remember "The Skinny Bitch"'s very persuasive argument against dairy. Still, I can't ever give it up. Not only is it too restrictive, I adore cheese, eggs and yogurt too much.

    Candice, your diet is always an inspiration - plant-made M&Ms and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I HAVE to make that soup!!!
    merci
    where did you eat the vegan pad thai svp?
    Details girl details!! :(

    ReplyDelete