Monday, December 6, 2010

My Vegan Mondays

Three courses Friday night and five courses Saturday night; pastries in the mornings and chocolates in the afternoon….

…a plate of fries and a couple shots after dinner and dessert Sunday night.


Mon dieu. After this past weekend, I am primed for a bread- and sweets-free week. Starting today, with Vegan Monday.

Morning
Coffee and soy milk
Green tea
Dried pineapple

Afternoon
Vegetable tangine
Banana
A couple clementines

Evening



A ginger cosmo and mixed nuts at the fabulous l’Hotel with the even more fabulous Mel

8 comments:

  1. I need to be like you with Vegan Mondays! :)
    My tummy would so feel better right now!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to start doing Vegan Mondays. My weekends aren't quite as extravagant and wonderful, but it still sounds like a great idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the way you ended the day !

    Mine : morning : orange juice and coffee
    lunch : couscous with oranges and greek olives
    dinner: tomato/avocado sandwiches

    How'd I do ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Candice - that sounds divine! I have to start taking my cue from you!

    Marissa, Anna, I say Vegan Mondays are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vegetable tagine is great for vegan meals, n'est-ce pas? I had a fantastic chicken tagine with preserved lemons in Marseille. I wonder if I could come up with a vegetarian version?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all about balance, right? I just had my cholesterol checked and it's LOW! So I've been eating every greasy thing there is with abandon. However, having Chinese takeout, Taco John's and potato chips last week only really made me long for...some veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can do vegan Mondays if they involve ginger cosmos. Delish!

    La Mom
    An American Mom in Paris

    ReplyDelete