Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More spirit, s'il te plait

Last night, after a lovely meal with friends and colleagues, I opted to Velib home in the cold, dark night. It was perfect. Empty streets and blinking stars, I had Paris' Christmas lights all to myself.

It reminded me that I need to take some more evening strolls to see the different quartiers' decorations.

Like the magnificent Notre Dame, which I walked by over the weekend. It will be my gift to myself: to wander aimlessly and take in more of the city's Christmas magic.

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful gift to yourself:) You're leaving Paris on a high note, it would seem:) Then you can make a fresh start in NYC in January:)

    When are you flying back home exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this photo is great! really! love it! now, before you leave Paris, you have to enjoy every moment like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you thank you for that photo of Notre Dame lit for Christmas. I'll make sure to look at it again on Christmas Eve after I drag my harp home from the midnight service I'll be playing at, just to pretend I was in Paris for Midnight Mass.

    ReplyDelete